Alexander Solzhenitsyn visits Siberia. Photograph: AFP
The wisdom of Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn has lived even after his death. Solzhenitsyn’s life views radically differ from conventional conflict between his personal beliefs he was not afraid to make public and official authorities led to persecution, repression and exile. In “The Gulag Archipelago” Alexander Isaevich says:
“Do not chase ghost – property, titles: You can achieve them with nerves for decades, and confiscated overnight. Live with equal superiority over life – do not be afraid of adversity and not fret on happiness. Anyway – not bitter to sharpen a century, and the sweet never been to the top.”
“Evaluate those who love you and are well attuned to you. Do not insult and do not yell. With none of them split with hassle. You know, this may be your last move and so will remain in their memory.”
Alexander Solzhenitsyn wrote about the interaction between the individual and the state. His words are sincere, fearless show real faces hidden under masks the true goals and how to ruin inflicting society myths.
- If you can not use the minute you will go in vain and the hour and the day and the whole life.
- Dying once is not scary, scary to die now.
- One great passion that once taken possession of our soul, severely shifted everything. No place in our heart for second passion.
- Wiseman is one who is satisfied with little.
- The faces of those people who are in harmony with his conscience always shine.
- The work is like a stick has two ends: if you do something for the people – make it qualitatively. If you do it for the boss – do it ostentatiously.
- Nobody knows what will happen in the future. And the biggest danger may befall people in the best place, and the greatest happiness can overtake him in the worst place.
- Why when we are ill we are not ashamed of God, when we are better – ashamed of ego …
- When we are strong, healthy and prosperous we laugh at wonders. But if our lives are so jammed and only a miracle can save us, we only believe in that only big miracle!
- Do not be afraid of the bullet whizzes. If you hear it, it is not in you. This single bullet that will kill you, you will not hear it.
- Easy money are not heavy, and you do not have the feeling that you made them. Old people say true: you can not feel the thing you haven’t bought.
- People’s perceptions of what is good and what is bad are reversed. Living in a five-floored cage, and radio to rumble loudly – it is considered good. And to live as hardworking farmer in clay cottage at the end of the steppe – it is considered the final failure.
- Unlimited power in the hands of limited people always leads to cruelty.
- Not the level of wealth makes people happy, but cardiac relations and our view of life. These things are always in our power. This means that the person is always happy if requests and nothing can get him down.
- Satiation is not dependent on how much we eat, but from this – how we eat! Happiness, it does not depend on the volume of foreign goods that we have managed steal from life. It only depends on our attitude to it!