New York is one of the most impressive cities in the world. Although the city itself can not boast of ancient history and culture, its unique number and diverse compositional population makes it one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world, which combine languages and customs from around the globe. See what else boasts perhaps the most impressive city in the world.
1. New York was the capital of the United States from 1789 to 1790.
2. Manhattan Island was purchased from local Indians in 1626 to the value of 1,000 contemporary American dollars.
3. The name Manhattan comes from the language of the local indigenous people and means “island of many hills”.
4. New York is the most diverse city in linguistic terms in the world. Here people speak over 800 languages.
5. In a clear day visibility of the Empire State Building is about 80 miles, which includes parts of New York, Massachusetts, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.
6. New York people drink almost 7 times more coffee than in any other city in the United States.
7. 75,000 trees must be cut down to print the Sunday edition of The New York Times.
8. In New York, a child is born every 4.4 minutes.
9. In there man dies every 9.1 minutes.
10. New York is the city with most Chinese, compared to any city outside of Asia.
11. It is also the city with the largest population of Puerto Ricans in the world.
12. The territory of Central Park is larger than the territory of the Principality of Monaco.
13. Women in the city can walk naked from the waist up as long as it is not used for commercial purposes.
14. Einstein’s eyes are kept in a safe in New York.
15. Musicians in the subway of New York are not random. Many of them have played in renowned venues such as Carnegie Hall before moving to the underground.
16. Each year in the city is shoot 250 film.
17. In New York, there is no chain stores Wal-Mart.
18. In New York people protect the rails from ice by burning them.
19. The City, employs about 18,600 restaurants, the average price of dinner in the city is 39.43 dollars.
20. In the drinking water of the city there are tiny crustaceans organisms.
21. In New York, more people kill themselves than are killed.
22. On 28/12/2012 in New York is not registered any murder or attempted murder. This is actually the only such day.
New York is the most densely populated city in North America with eight million. Residents, located in an area of 830 sq.km. It is clear energy. You’ve seen the huge skyscrapers, bustling traffic and bright lights in the movies. Big Apple as people called it, is home to the finest museums of the many and varied restaurants of the latest music and entertainment. Endless sidewalks will take you to the streets with cafes to unique designer shops and the green hills of Central Park.
New York is most favorite city in the world.
We recommend: The official Guide for NYC.